The Wireless Location Data Service has the power to provide network operators with the ability to manage Wi-Fi hotspot directory data and roaming footprint consistently and efficiently by providing a suite of tools to help improve the quality of directory data supporting users of Wi-Fi services.
BSG’s Wireless Location Data Service (WLDS) allows network operators to increase the data quality – and therefore accuracy – of their footprint data whilst reducing the resources required to support its maintenance. The intuitive web-based portal is complemented by a full service API, allowing for frequent automated updates. Data may also be supplied via web service, sFTP or email and the system will collect and process it automatically.
The key to quality data is to manage the exceptions within the dataset, which fall into three categories; incomplete, out-dated or duplicate. Using the WLDS toolset, the network operator has a scalable solution to manage the administration of their published dataset.
Exceptions generated can be approved and updated or upon validation and approval of the administrator to form an up to date dataset. The administrator then has the ability to choose when to publish the updated dataset(s), either automatically at pre-determined frequencies or by administrator initiation.
NEW FOR 2019:
- Re-written import engine with support for WRIX-L, WSL and custom data formats
- Support for CSV, JSON, ODF, XLS and XLSX files
- Improved import speeds
- Comprehensive Footprint and Roaming management, allowing your locations to be divided and shared into smaller logical groups
Data quality can be improved using a number of different functions built in to the platform including, but not limited to, the following:
- Missing data checks
- Premium data repair services such as location geocoding and address verification
- Profanity filtering
- Integration with analytics sources to act as a crowd-sourced verification of data
- Feedback functionality within an application or web portal by end users and engineering staff
- Integration with application logs within a Hotspot Finder or Connection Manager as method to validate service availability information
- Location data and date/timestamps from RADIUS/Diameter services
WLDS is offered as a self-service platform, self-service API and as a fully managed service with tiered subscription levels and service plugins to suit many business cases.
The quality of directory data is significantly improved by Wireless Location Data Service
Get in Touch
At BSG Wireless we are committed to improving our products through customer engagement, so your feedback, questions and enquiries are welcomed as an essential part of our product development.